Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Little Experiences in Podcasting...

Wow! I don't even realize I'm that far away from my original schedule of the course. Oppsss, maybe it is because I don't really like to make it a habit to write or put down everything in the form of words, regularly... (I suppose,....)

Podcasting??? Although the term itself might has tell me what actually this kind of gadget it is, but I guess when you are really into it, then you will definitely get a clearer or more definite answer! I'm quite use to the concept of recording a cassette whether it is an audio or video (errr...I'm not that old actually...) or in a more modern sense, we might have move to the usage of MP3 or even MP4, but I guess it is just the different in the "apparatus" or "format" that is needed as an output??? (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

To be honest, I do really have a difficult time in moving from the podcasting week to the next as I can't really finish loading the software needed. Don't worry, it is not that the file is too big or my laptop can't support the system, it is actually that I just can't find enough time to wait for it to finish loading before proceeding to my next work... Am I that busy? (You might wonder...) Not really! It is just that you will get frustrated after a few time of unsuccessful trial...

Finally, here I am just finished loading the necessary softwares and now begin to embark into my new journey of podcasting...

My first trial with the software "audacity" is kind of weird. Maybe it's because this is the first time that I'm listening to my own voice using a headphone. In the very first trial, I really do not know what I'm suppose to say when what I can do is just to let the recording process going on in a fast pace without figuring out something to say... Speechless, I seem to be. It seems that I'm stuck in my operational systems between my brain with the vibration that I saw with my eyes. Wow! I never experience that before... As time progress, when I get use to the pace of the recording system, I think I'm be able to get use to it... Although the repeating events of the fast pace of recording process will not terrified me that much, still I'm not use to the environment where I have to record my own voice and to replay it back to listen on what I have recorded. Much to my surprise was I can't progressively talk and simultaneously think what I want to say next at the same time! Therefore, to really record my talk, I need to write down everything that I want to say first, before putting them into the recorder... I guess this task is more difficult to me than when I'm really lecturing in front of the students!

Well, I think I have tried my best in creating a brand new recording for the subject that I taught (only a bit of the intro...). Hope all of you will enjoy the listening process! The link to my first podcast is as followed: http://yapws.podomatic.com/




No comments: